Improving the world with the power of skills
Worldskills raises the profile and recognition of skilled people, and show how important skills are in achieving economic growth.
WorldSkills rose out of the ruins of the Second World War, which devastated the economies of Europe and created a huge skills shortage that threatened a new economic depression in the year 1946 – Skills help build nations.
WorldSkills organises the world championships of vocational skills, and is held every two years in different parts of the world. The organisation, which also hosts conferences about vocational skills, describes itself as the global hub for skills.
WorldSkills brings together young people, industry, government, education, and institutions, to promote the benefits of and need for skilled trade professionals. The aims of the competition include demonstrating the advantages of learning a vocational skill, and encouraging ‘parity of esteem’ between vocational and academic qualifications.
Improving our world with the power of skills
To raise the profile and recognition of skilled people and show how important skills are in achieving economic growth and personal success.
WorldSkills India is an initiative of the National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC) under the Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship, Government of India. NSDC, through its WorldSkills India initiative, has been leading the country’s participation at WorldSkills International competitions since 2011.
The key objectives of WorldSkills India are to:
- Promulgate skills in society to motivate the youth to pursue vocational education.
- Champion skills and learning for work through local, regional, national and international skills competitions
- Create partnership network comprising of government, industry, academic partners, VET institutions, trade associations and youth to promote skills
- Establish long-term association with WorldSkills International and other WorldSkills member countries
India Participation in WorldSkills Kazan, Russia in August 2019:
Skills managed by ESSCI for Worldskills India 2021
2) Electrical Installation
3) Industrial Control
4) Refrigeration and Air Conditioning
5) Mobile robotics